Sunday 1 June 2014

DAY 12 - DAY 14 RAINBOW BEACH AND FRASER ISLAND

We left Cooloola beach via rainbow beach and it was breath taking! On of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen, and we have traveled Australia via the coast! I highly recommend this spot even if you don't have a 4x4 you can experience this spot by heading into Rainbow beach township and taking a walk right up the beach. This stretches for 10 kilometers so another option would be jumping on a 4x4 tour!






We caught the barge at Inskip point.




And saw a jelly fish!


Once on Fraser Island it only took us 20 minutes to spot our first dingo. These guys were mainly around the camps most probably scavenging.


driving over some rocks which can be dangerous if you don't have the right set up or are inexperienced. There is a chicken track around it.


The stunning sunset once we reached camp at the North of the Island.


DAY 13. Over night I started getting symptoms of the stomach flu, which is like gastro but worse. Especially when you are in the middle of nowhere! So we stayed put for a couple of days while I tried to recover. These guys found sound mimi crabs where we were camping. I had a lay in bed and read all day - bliss apart from the 25 trips to the bush dunny!



DAY 14 I was feeling restless so we took the 1 kilometer drive to ocean lake as dusk. Let's just say thank the Lord there were toilets here! Today was ANZAC day and I really wanted to go to my first dawn service at Waddy point. I was way too sick to venture out so unfortunately we had to stay close to camp again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D