Friday 22 February 2013

SOURDOUGH FRUIT LOAF

It's so nice to be sitting out in the summer sun in our backyard blogging while the little fella runs around while I have a full vantage. At the moment he is playing fetch with out dog!

I made a fruit loaf the other day with my homemade sour dough starter and it was delicious! A little bit dense still but I only let it prove for a couple of hours instead of overnight like you are supposed to with sourdough, so I think with more time to rest and rise this bread would be even better!

Ingredients:
3 cup plain or wholemeal flour
1 cup sour dough starter
1 cup mixed dried fruit finely chopped (I used dried apricots and figs)
1 tbs sugar (I used molasses sugar)
1 tsp salt
1 cups water plus more if needed

Mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth dough, I do not knead my dough's. Place in a lightly oil bread loaf that has been dusted with flour, and leave in a warm spot until it has proved. Ideally this would be over night but 6 hours should do if you are short on time. Bake in a 220 degree oven for 20 minutes and then another 10 minutes outside of the tin at 180 degrees. Allow to cool and if you can't resist enjoy some warn with lots of butter!

Placed in the tin ready to rise

After the dough had risen for 4 hours

The baked loaf

mmmmm just add butter!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D