Tuesday 30 July 2013

WEEKLY TALLY - NUMBER 27

Things are slowly picking up in the garden, with a decent amount of produce being picked from the garden this week. I have decided as the beds empty that I will leave them that way, as we are due to have a baby mid to late November. I want to get my summer crop in before baby Will comes along so I don't need to worry about it heavily pregnant or with a newborn. I am hoping to have all my seedlings sown by late October, so that means I will set my seeds in mid to late September. I don't want my beds to be occupied by the time I am ready to get those seedlings in. I am surprised my chili bush is still producing. I have some flowers on it and new chilis growing. It hasn't been affected by the frost this year, as last year it lost nearly all it's leaves. I am even more surprised that the chilis are ripening on the bush, I was always under the impression that the chilis needed heat to turn red.


TALLY 22/7/13 - 28/7/13
336 grams cabbage
7 eggs
1487 grams cauliflower
21 grams chili

TOTAL 7 EGGS AND 1844 GRAMS OF FOOD





4 comments:

  1. I love your purple cauliflower. I am going to try growing it next year. I never have luck with cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! You will love it in your garden, it's so pretty (and easy)! Thanks heaps for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi~ Stopping by fro Ladies Only to check out your fresh produce:) Fresh cauliflower is my favorite, no matter what color it is!! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you Lynn! It is delicious :D I am also growing a lime green variety and am yet to try the orange, but I have to say white is my favourite on the plate (and purple in the garden)!

      Delete

Please leave a comment :D