Saturday 2 August 2014

RUN MELBOURNE

I initially gained the motivation to start running because a friends hubby was diagnosed with brain cancer and I decided to participate in a fun run to raise funds and awareness for brain cancer research (you can donate here). I never thought I would be able to run the 5 kilometers and had 5 weeks to train for it. It took me 3 days to accomplish my goal (much better than the 5 weeks I thought it would take lol). Now that I have started running I have become somewhat addicted. I love the way it makes me feel. I can dig deep and push through the pain barrier and mental barrier of 'I can't possible go any further' and break that. I have heaps more energy than before. It's a way to let of steam when I have had a tough day and have some time to myself.

Buggered after a PB

Now that I am running I have noticed that I am starting to lose weight (hooray) which is continuing to drive me now the run is over (although I am about to talk to my physio about running 14 kilometers in November).

I have 5-10 kilos to lose. I have lost 6 kilos since the start of the year and 1.5 cm off my neck, 7 cm off my waist, 8 cm off my hips, 9 cm off my thighs, 5 cm off my bust, 6 cm off my bum. Looking forward to those numbers decreasing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D