Saturday 24 November 2012

RISOTTO WITH PRAWNS AND PEAS

This is one of my favorite risottos. I'm not usually a fish fan, especially shell fish, but in this I like prawns and the way they pop in your mouth. I find making my own stock works best for this, I find the store bought stuff way too salty, you could try the low salt version if you are pressed for time, but prefer making my own and find it is so simple to make.

FOR THE STOCK

prawn shells and heads from peeled prawns
2 carrots chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
2 onions chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp whole black pepper
2 L water

Toss the prawn shells in a pot with a little oil until they turn pink add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for at least an hour. Strain the stock and use as required. If you make too much it freezes well.

You can find the pea and prawn risotto recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D