Friday 11 January 2013

CHOCOLATE PUDDING FRUIT

When leaving Dorrigo we stopped into a local lady's home near Thora  where she had signs out the front to let passer by's know that she was selling home grown produce. I love places like these so we stopped in. She had a few things for sale the initial thing that made me stop was home grown banana's for $1.00 a kilo which is very well priced and they were organically grown. She also had a kilo of macadamias for $4 and then I spotted the chocolate pudding fruit. I asked her about it as I have wanted to try it for a while but I have never seen it in shops. She said it had the texture of chocolate cake and was insistent that we eat it with ice-cream or cream. We didn't have either of those so decided to try it by itself. It was okay. It didn't have a strong chocolate flavour. It was slightly sweet. the texture was like really thick chocolate mousse, or a very rich chocolate mud cake. I think I would have gone nicely with some ice-cream! If you every come across one of these I encourage you to give it a go!



The inside of the fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D