Saturday 2 February 2013

I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE MAN - TASMANIA

This time five years ago I had just turned 21, was a new wife, and was preparing for an adventure of a life time, travelling around Australia. We were just about to head off on a year long honeymoon, travelling Australia  in a purple Kombi Volkswagen camper-van. This has been such a big part of my life's journey as an individual and as a wife (you definitely get to know someone really really really well when you live in a space the size of a small bathroom for a year). Somehow yesterday I came across the Australian version of I've been everywhere man, Lucky Starr, and it made me laugh and reminisce.  It made me think about all the amazing places we have seen together, and I would like to share some of them with you (originally I was going to do the whole trip in one post but was proving a mission and a very lengthy post so I will break them into states and territories)...

Cos "I've been everywhere, man,

I've been everywhere, man.

'Cross the deserts bare, man;

I've breathed the mountain air, man.

Of travel I've had my share, man.

I've been ev'rywhere.


Some of the highlights of  Tasmania (I lost my photo's so these were the ones left on FB) Top Left to right: Wineglass bay, snorkeling at cockle creek, Tassie forests needs you a protest camp against logging, feeding the gorgeous ducks at Richmond, Honeymoon Bay, The summit of cradle mountain an 8 hour hike, barge across pieman river, strathgorden dam.

From top right to bottom then right to left and then the large picture. The town named after the newly weds,  feeding the ducks at Richmond, driving on the beach at Cloudy bay at Brunie Island, sunset north west Tasmania, Historic Richmond Bridge, Spirit of Tasmania, Relaxing by a lake, Cradle mountain a 8 hour hike all the way to the summit - very scary hike for a short person who's legs struggles to get up the giant boulders but well worth it and no where near as tiring as it sounds. 
top left, hut on the shore of lake dove cradle mountain, top right on the beach at south west arm, bottom right climbing the stairs at Richmond, bottom left it was a lovely summers day in Hobart we headed up Mount wellington only a short drive from the city and it was snowing!!!!!!!! while it was 40 degrees in Melbourne! Very cold in my summer gear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :D